J&S is a team of professional Canadian joiners with over 60 years of combined experience who practice the art of craftsmanship. Our fine furniture is 100% made in Canada at our Vancouver workshop using quality materials from sustainable sources and local suppliers. Since starting in 2012, the J&S team has handcrafted over 10,000 unique pieces of solid wood furniture and millwork for clients in Vancouver and beyond. We are always looking to add skilled people to our team, our open positions are listed below. If you think you would be a great fit, please send us an email.
*Red Seal Joiner / Cabinet Maker*
*Must have qualifications or experience*
- Ideal candidates have a strong commitment to quality craftsmanship and a minimum of 2 years experience. Please note this is not an apprenticeship position.
- Firm understanding of solid wood furniture construction including full understanding of wood movement,joinery, reading/interpreting plans and finishing.
- Able to safely use and set up standard woodworking equipment including jointer,planer,table saw, band saw,miter saw, etc.
- Able to use hand tools including chisels, hand planes, drills, sanders, jig saw, domino,biscuit jointer etc.
- Able to create and utilize jigs to complete tasks with a high degree of precision.
- Able to lift up to 50-Ibs.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Able to positively receive feedback and instructions.
- Able to work independently and efficiently.
- Motivated to learn, grow and contribute to the company. Extra hours outside of the 9-5 may at times be required. Including the occasional Saturday. Opportunity to become shop leader/ manager.
- Pay is based on experience and skill level.
- Benefits package included after 3 months.
- Please review our Craftsman made page
- Please send us an email with your resume and any photos of what you have built.